1. Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 Personal Data – any information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.2 Processing – any operation or set of operations are executed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data.
1.3 Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
1.4 Child – a natural person who is less than 16 years of age.
1.5 We/us (either capitalized or not) – homestudioadvisor.com
Information About Us
2.1 We own and operate this Site.
2.2 Our main point of contact person can be contacted by e-mail at admin[at]homestudioadvisor.com.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the described data protection principles:
- Processing is fair, transparent, and lawful. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We’ll provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is restricted to the aim. Our Processing activities fit the aim for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is performed with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any aim.
- Processing is limited to a specific time frame. We will not store your personal data for longer than the required time.
- We will do our best to make sure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to make sure the integrity and secrecy of data.
5. Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to understand whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it’s collected, and why and by whom it’s processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to know about and get access to the data collected from you. This includes your right to request and obtain a duplicate of your Personal Data processed.
- Right to update – meaning you have the right to request updating or wipe out your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances, you can request your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrain processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrain your personal data processing.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing your Personal Data, for example, in direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling, and not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right to data transferability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to a complaint – in such events, we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not happy with the way your request has been handled, please get in touch with us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for processing your Personal Data.
6. Data We May Gather
The information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – mainly information necessary to deliver you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
The information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, it could be your shopping cart information, shopping history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
The information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
6.1 Technical information
In addition, and to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can use and navigate the site effectively, we collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, used to connect your device to the internet;
- Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions;
- Operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click-stream to, through, and from our site.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
6.4 Contact Page
You can use the contact page to get in touch with us. We do not use the information submitted through the contact page for marketing purposes.
6.5 Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
6.6 Third parties
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
7. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to:
- provide our service to you (for example, this could be registering your account, providing you with products and services that you have requested);
- enhance your customer experience;
- improve our website to serve you better;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure;
- personalize your experience and deliver the suitable type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested, and
- manage any communication between you and us;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services similar to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
Purpose of personal data processing
With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further processing;
- the further processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
8. Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is, in some cases, provided to our trusted partners to either provide the service to you possible or enhance your customer experience.
For example, we share your data with:
- Google Analytics
- Amazon Associates
We only work with Processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or other legal grounds for it.
9. How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We have what we believe are appropriate security controls in place to protect personal data. However, we do not have any control over what happens between your device and the boundary of our information infrastructure. You should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate steps to safeguard your information. We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify proper authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
11. Cookies And Other Technologies We May Use
- Necessary cookies – These cookies are required for you to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
For example, if you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, e-mail address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. You can also remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect your website experience.
13. Manage Your Data
Last updated on 07/25/2021.